Public gardens are popular attractions for visitors, for local residents, and for garden enthusiasts. Garden events are planned destinations for gardeners and tourists in the U.S. and the U.K. Botanical gardens host events each year that include festivals, seasonal events, family attractions, special exhibitions, children’s activities, and more. While consumers can search the Internet for information on individual shows or local garden events, there isn’t anything comparable to this product online in one location.
The Visitor's Guide to American Gardens features a state-by-state listing of each garden; its attractions, benefits, and features; contact information; and a description of yearly events. It also features the popular regional garden shows and even garden tours available for traveling internationally. This is a one-stop resource for American and Canadian public gardens.
Join the fun and exciting world of garden tourism. Whether you’re an armchair tourist or a daytripper or plan your vacations around garden destination spots, this book is for you. From the famous to the hidden gems, more than 400 gardens are featured. You’ll find:
- Helpful icons that identify key garden features.
- Gardens organized by state for easy reference.
- Several featured gardens in Canada.
- Quick references to addresses, phone numbers, hours, and fees.
- A snappy summary of each garden’s extra-special features.
- Smartphone-scannable QR codes that link to every garden’s website.